Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Two days in a row.....woo-hoo!!

I'm starting late, but dang it, I'm getting it done. Today was.......a little crazy. We got started super late, like I'm talking kids weren't even out of bed until 8:50am! We're normally up and moving between 7-7:30 so almost two hours later was a pretty big deal. Normally by 9am we're starting any errands that need to be done! So all day long I felt rushed because I had a million things I wanted to get done today, of course. Now a lot of it got pushed back to tomorrow (fingers crossed!). With everything being a little off today, so was my workout time. I didn't get it in until 9:30pm tonight!! It was ridiculous. So this post will be a shorter one because it's 11pm now and my baby girl has school in the morning.

Alright I told you I would take pictures of all the items I have on hand to help me with my workouts so I actually took the picture and have it for you!! In the picture below I have my exercise ball (it's actually weighted a little with sand because it's suppose to be used more for Pilate's and yoga), the black thing laying on the ball is my "band." These come in different colors and different levels of difficulty. Red (easiest), Blue (medium), and black (hardest). I like the bands because once the black one becomes easier for you then you add the red one with it and it changes the level of difficulty for you without having to purchase any new equipment! Next is the blue ball with the black handle, that's the kettle ball. Ours is 35lbs and it's a beast! You wouldn't really think so, but when you have all that weight rolled up into that little ball, it's a butt kicker. The blue piece by the kettle ball is "tubing." This also comes just like the bands. Tubing is one of my favorite pieces, I do a  lot of my arm work with that and I feel great afterwards. Next is my jump rope (the red and blue piece laying next to my shoes). And lastly, are my workout shoes. I don't wear these for anything else. They've never been worn outside, just in the house and only during my workouts. Having a specific pair of shoes just for workouts is a new thing for me. I never worried about it before and frankly I am too cheap to buy them. My dear old dad got these for me when I picked up my new running shoes a couple weeks ago. I was so stinking excited and he thought it was hilarious.

This pink thing is my Gymboss. It's my timer that I've mentioned before and this thing is the best. It does all the time keeping for you and all you have to do is program it for how many sets you want to do, then put in how long you want each set to be and how long you want your 'rest' time to be. For example, from the left, the BL is the beep level (low), the 12 is my total reps (4 exercises, 3 times each), the 0:50 in the top right is my 50 sec workout and the 0:10 below is my rest time. After you've done your 50 secs it beats letting you know to begin your rest/get into position for next exercise. Then after the 10 secs it beats again telling you to start your next exercise. And so on it goes. Each time you start a new 50 sec the number in the box counts down for you so when you have completed you workout it lets off a series of beeps notifying you that your time of torture has commenced. It changed my workouts completely when I got this little gem. I'll get the website for you and post the link tomorrow along with the dip station we'll be doing.

So my workout today was all about the abs. And it was torture. I was nasty, man sweaty mess. There was one point I was in the middle of an exercise and a bead of sweat rolled down the side of my nose and into my sucked because I was using the exercise ball so my hands were occupied, but in the attempt to get off the ball and wipe my eye, I'm sure the scene was hilarious for any fly on the wall because I looked like a big uncoordinated mess! Of course as I'm flailing my body the words coming out of my mouth were not rated G, if you know what I'm saying. There were some, "oh shits," and "damn it's" in there. But have no fear, I survived and completed my workout without any other ridiculous incidents.

Today my circuit went like this:

Opposite toe touches: laid on my back, then got up placing my feet flat on the floor and placing my hands underneath me on the floor also, I raised my right leg straight in the air and came across my body with my left hand and touched my toes while supporting my body with my right foot and left hand and laid back down again. That was one. I continued to do this for the first 50 secs.

Ball tucks: using my exercise ball, I placed my knees on the ball and then rolled out into a push up position while leaving my feet on the ball. Then I bring the my knees to my chest by rolling the ball with my feet, next I roll the ball back out so I'm back to the push up position again. I continued this exercise for the next 50 secs. This was the exercise that the sweat ran into my eye. Now you understand the flailing.

Side jumps: I talked about this one yesterday. It's a great one and really works your triceps and your sides. I started by placing my hands flat on the floor  and my feet slightly out to my left side, then I jump my feet to my right side and continue doing that until the timer beeps.

V crunches with exercise ball: Laid on my back with my hands extended above my head holding the exercise ball, I crunched up bring both the ball and my legs up all at the same time and placed the ball between my feet and lowered myself back to the floor. Then I crunched again bringing my legs, holding the ball up, grabbed the ball with my hands and went back to the starting position.

I completed each exercise 3 times and I was thrilled when that timer beeped for the last time. After it beeped I had a brief moment where I wondered how I was going to get off the floor because I didn't want to have to crunch up to get up because I knew it was going to hurt.

Before I go for the night, I wanted to share a couple pictures of our "princess snow white" as she's being asked to be called, helping me make our homemade whipping cream biscuits that we made for dinner tonight. Here she is crazy post nap time hair do and all. She loves helping in the kitchen so I try to include her every chance I get.

The best thing about our dinner tonight....none of it came from a can or the grocery store shelf! We had sausage biscuits, eggs and water! The sausage and eggs we got from our local farmers market this past Saturday and the biscuits were homemade!! That was exciting for us and we're hoping to be able to plan more meals like this in our future! Well, it's almost midnight so I better hit the sack! Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you're working out and how it's going. Any farmer's market trips that you've been on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment