Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Holy cow! What is up??!!

Okay, wow!! Too long without a post! That is just terrible. SSSSOOOOO much has happened since, um, let's see....October! First and for most, we became an awesome family of 5 on February 7th when we welcomed our second son......


Say hello to Mr. Benjamin Richard. Born at 3:03am weighing in at 8lbs 6oz and 21.5 ins long!


He is absolutely perfect in every way. He's actually 12 wks old today! And might I say, he's adjusted very well and takes the absolute craziness of our day to day lives all in stride. Oh, and he's a super happy little guy....always smiling at everyone. So now he looks like this.....


I adore him :-) and here he is with his brother and sister,


Check out that "cheese" face on the little guy in orange!! My husband calls him our little politician because every where we go he's saying hello and waving to everyone. And I mean that literally, people just eat him up. He gives that grin, waves his little hand and says, "hi" in this upbeat little voice that just makes you smile back at him. But that's them, my crazy, stressed to the max, 'is it bedtime yet?', sweet, couldn't live without them babies! I love them so much it makes my heart hurt, really it does. Or I almost cry, either way, I'm sure I'll be a HUGE embarrassment for them in the future!

But anyway, how the heck are ya? I'm doing really well. Like I said our littlest was born on February 7th (by emergency C-section, that wasn't really in the plan!) so my recovery time was longer that I had planned and longer than my patience could take. I'm still "recovering" I guess because I do still have tenderness and weird warm shots of pain around the incision. I don't know, kinda hard to explain I guess. However, despite all that I'm back at the workouts. Have been for 3 weeks....whoop, whoop!! I've lost 8 lbs so I was super excited about that. I've sorta hit that plateau right now where the weight isn't coming off as fast and that is a little discouraging. That and like I mentioned, I have ZERO patience, so it's an all around learning and growing experience for me. I gained about 33 lbs during pregnancy and I've lost almost all of that, but I'm still hoping to drop another 20, give or take. I told my husband I'm not so worried about the "number," I just want to feel good. So I'm chipping away. To help get the weight off faster, I've also decided to limit my sugar in take. So no sugary drinks or cereals (I LOVE Captain Crunch), no candy, no ice cream, no doughnuts.....you get the idea. It's actually pretty depressing to see it all written out :-( But I'm allowing myself to enjoy some of those things on Saturdays, as long as my workouts were tough during the week. I'm doing other dietary things as well, I'll share that next time.

I'm attempting to workout 6 days a week and take Sundays off. So far......hasn't happened. I'm also attempting to become a morning person. My dream plan is to wake up between 6-6:30, eat breakfast, workout and get cleaned up all before the kiddos wake up. So far.......it's happened, mmmmm, twice maybe? So I'm still improving, but I workout Monday through Friday. The time of day generally depends on kids and schedules. If we have preschool, then it's the afternoons. If we have nothing planned, then it's in the morning. Today I worked out in the afternoon after preschool and during naps. It was tough and I'm not going to lie, it sucked a little because it is so stinking outside and my house has no central air!! So I'm hoping that the extra heat will help the pounds melt off also! For today, I did a 12 minute workout, four exercises for 50 seconds with a 10 second rest in between. I was panting like an overweight, out of shape dog. Funny I mention that because our golden retriever, Crash was laying literally in the middle of the living room floor where I was working out and never once did he offer to move. He just laid there, dreaming away, slightly snoring while I was working like a slave in a sweat shop!

Like, I said, I did 4 exercises:

 couch push ups: instead of being parallel to the floor I place my hands on the edge of the couch and the push up is on an incline. They're tough, but I have wrist issues right now and this is one of the only ways I can get push ups in.

lunges: this one is actually tough to explain because it wasn't just a lunge. I lunged backwards with one leg and then brought that leg up and touched my knee with the opposite elbow. Make sense??

kettleball bench press: laid on my back and benched pressed the 35lb kettleball we have.

side to side jumps: stood with my hands flat on the floor, in downward facing dog position. Started with both feet slightly to the side of me and then jumped my feet to the other side while my hands remain on the floor. It's also helpful to use something to jump over so I know I'm jumping high enough to feel the exercise.

I did these four exercises each for 50 secs completing as many reps as I could until my timer beeped. That's the order I completed them in also, so it's like a circuit. I'll put all the equipment I have together tomorrow and take a picture so you can see what I have and that way when I mention a piece you'll have an idea what it looks like. I'm super excited though because for Mother's Day my awesome husband is building me a dip station to add to my collection. I've wanted one for a while and we think it would be pretty easy to build, so stay tuned for the story on that one.

I also got in a little organization today. My fridge was getting a little out of control and it was already slightly organized, but something about it was just bothering me. The system I had, just wasn't working. So the wheels started turning and I cruised through blog land and with the help of some very thrifty SAHM's I was able to pull ideas and customize them to fit my family's needs. So here is what my fridge started out looking like,


The bottom left drawer holds cheeses and the bottom right drawer holds meats (hot dogs, bacon, etc.)


Random condiments and such collecting in the door.

I took everything out of the baskets, cleaned them all out and re-organized. Here's the after shots, not a huge transformation, but just cooking dinner tonight, I felt it working better already. I just need to make some new labels because everything got the ol' switch-a-roo.


Top shelf holds eggs and the drinks basket. Parents of the year right here with our kids' pediasure in with the beers! Second shelf is the leftovers and opened products (on the left) and on the right is dairy products (butter, yogurt, cheeses, etc). This basket is a little full. I'm debating gettign another small basket and putting just the cheese in it?? In the drawer under the 2nd shelf are the rolls, pizza doughs things like that, that always seem to get shoved to the way back then you forget you have them, so I gave them their own drawer. Third shelf holds the small meat basket, our Brita, extra milks and things. And now in the drawers, on the left is fruits and on the right our veggies. Not a lot in those right now because it's slim pickins' at the grocery.


Not a huge difference in the door. Just went through and threw away anything outdated. Pretty simple stuff.

A re-cap of my day....

So today we got up (at 6:45am), got my daughter to preschool, the boys and I went to the grocery (my oldest started not feeling well during our shopping trip, came down with a fever out of nowhere), picked my daughter up from school, got home did lunch, my son still not feeling well, so all the kids go down for naps, I work out, get all groceries put away, clean out the fridge, call the doctor about the fever and let them know he's not eating real well and they tell me they want to see him. My appointment is in 50 mins! Got all 3 kids packed up and in the van, took my daughter to my girlfriend's house while I took the boys to the Dr. My son has the "funk" with a temp of 102 and we should be fighting it for the next 4 days (come on Friday!!), leave the Dr, pick up my daughter, get home, start dinner, hubs comes home from a long day of surgery, we all eat dinner, watch one cartoon, do a few minutes of quiet time, then it's jammies on, kids in bed by 7:45pm. And again, I'm panting like a dog! Now we get to get up and do it all over again tomorrow! I'll end with this family picture of us. Our first family photo as a family of 5.....pretty amazing!


A Marine and a medical student!!?? Yes, ladies he is real and I just love him to pieces!

Night everyone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment