Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch!!

Well, mission accomplished.....woke up this morning and almost my entire body was sore! Pecs and back are starting to loosen up with the stretching, etc and my butt was SO sore this morning thanks to all the squats and lunges! The workout today was mostly a total body workout....I did a couple different things and the muscles are still a little tight even now as I'm writing this all while my daughter cries from her bed that she's not sleepy and doesn't need a nap!! Fingers crossed that by the end of this she will have fallen asleep :)

So my exercise was a 10 minute count down today. I completed the Hot Curves Exercise Challenge from the bodyrock.tv website. Here is the link  http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/03/19/hot-curves-challenge/. Zuzanna goes over the exercises of the challenge in the first couple minutes of the video. She breaks it down, so it looks like it's going to be so simple and not too challenging, but oh Lord. It's so touch, but awesome. I was pretty exhausted aferwards, but forced myself to do a couple rounds of ab exercises also to really work those today. After I completed the challenge I did just two rounds of opposite toe (crunch up while lifting one leg and trying to touch your toe with the opposite hand) and leg lifts. Getting started on the workout today was really tough for me. We had a busy morning so I didn't get to do it this morning so it was 2pm and I was sitting on my oh so sore rear end watching old re-runs of Sex and the City and realized I hadn't done anything yet today (workout wise!). So I drug myself off the couch and changed into my workout clothes, which were a very interesting mix today because my son was sleeping in the room with all my clothes and I refused to go in risk waking him up so I just threw something together with what was in my laundry room....which wasn't much! Certainly one of those days that it was so nice to be working out at home because I would never have walked into a gym with those clothes! I know when you go to workout it's not about what you're wearing, but still you need to save some face just in case you want to ever go back to that place again!! But workout complete and I'm now 11 days into my 90 day challenge and I'm happy with where it's going. My last day should be around June 19th, so the last couple weeks are going to be tough because we'll be moving any time from the 14th on....it's coming fast, yet still seems so far off from the workout side of things!! So for tomorrow, I'm hoping to look into some yoga moves to add some flexability to the workouts. Thanks for stopping by :)

p.s. my daughter is asleep :)

1 comment: